Before you can setup Jira notifications please make sure:
- You have connected JIra to your Ally account. You can see how it is done here.
- You have connected a destination where to send you notifications (it can be Slack, Microsoft Teams or Stride)
When the above steps are done please follow these steps to setup Jira notifications:
- Navigate to "Notifications" in the top menu https://app.getally.com/notifications
- Click on "Add" on the "Jira" card.
3. Please select the filters to tweak your Jira notification.
The following filters are supported
Events: you can choose when exactly you want to be notified. For example, when an issue status was changed or it was commented. Another example, would be to get notified when somebody creates a high priority user.
Projects: select projects you want to watch issue in.
Issue priorities: filter by Jira issue's priorities.
Issue statuses: filter by issue's statuses. For instance, I would love to receive a notification when High priority issue was transitioned into "QA failed" status.
Issue types: filter by issue types like story, task or a bug.
Users that involved in any way: allows you to follow a person or people in Jira and provides additional filter by a user that is involved in a particular event.
4. Please select a destination where you would love to receive Jira notifications.
If you have got multiple destinations connected you will have to select the destination first (like a Slack team) and, afterwards, the channel.
5. After you have setup the filters and the destination you need to name your Jira notification entity.
6. When all mandatory fields are entered (the destination and the name) you can save your entity.
If you need more filters or actions please let us know.