Thanks for your interest in Ally.
If you don't know Ally please start with "What is Ally" and come back to learn more.
Ally provides you and your team with scheduled reports, smart actionable notifications (streams), alerts, monitors and metrics.
In order to setup any of those you need to connect data sources to get data from and destinations to deliver you information.
What is a data source?
Data sources or sources are the services which are mostly used as sources of information. Data sources have got a few categories:
- project management (Jira, Asana, Trello, Pivotal Tracker etc)
- code management (Github, Bitbucket, GitLabs etc)
- document management (Confluence, Google Docs, Quip, Dropbox Papers etc)
- time management (Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar etc)
- build management (CircleCI, TravisCI, Team City, Jenkins, Bamboo, BuildKite etc)
- production management (Launch Darkly, PagerDuty etc)
What is a destination?
Destinations are the services which are used to interact with Ally, receive scheduled reports, alerts and notifications. To this category of services belong Slack, Microsoft Teams, Atlassian Stride, Google Hangout, web dashboards or email.
What do I need to setup to get started?
In order to get started you need to have at least one data source like Jira or Github and at least one destination like Slack. We are adding functionality (and new data sources and destinations) as you are reading this.
Please let us know if you need help to setup anything via the Messenger in the bottom right.
P.S. If you need another report, data source or destination please let us know as well.